Tuesday 30 April 2024

Bit of variety

Angela came at about level and we drove down to Lily’s, which today became Lynda’s! We met the new owner as she was sitting outside, we had breakfast and then walked down to look at the sea.
I decided to try and walk back, time to walk a little further without walking aids. The walk was fairly slow but fine, took some little and large white flowers whilst walking through the memorial garden.
I went round to see Sher briefly at the shop and collected a application form to be part of the garage sale in May. People register and pay five pounds, set up in their gardens and there will be a map of all the properties taking part. I had a wander round the garden , took another photo of the weird plant that keeps popping up.
And another one of a snail hanging on up high by a thread, so to speak!
This afternoon I went with Tina to her appointment at the eye clinic in Hull hospital. There is a car park next to the building and it was heaving, not well laid out and chaotic. Took twenty minutes to find a place and Tina left me to take the ticket to the car and catch her up. I noticed the back window was open but couldn’t close it without starting the car, behind electric I wasn’t about to try! Walked to the hospital, she tole me what to press and I went back to the car. All good, window closed then I couldn’t turn it off! The radio was on, couldn’t turn that off either. Phoned Tina but no answer, she phoned back after a little while and talked me through it! Then back to join her again…..All was well with her eyes and we managed to get home before Darren.
Before tea I went out with the strimmer to try and clear a path at the bottom of garden.
I know that strimming is really the answer, but I will use what I can to get ahead of the game!
Managed to pedal for a few minutes this evening, may get back on a bike yet!

















3 comments:

  1. Quite an eventful day then. Is the cafe as good with a new owner? It looked pleasant by the sea, if a little bit choppy. The walk home was a good thing. Not long ago you wouldn’t have been able to do that. Onward and upward.
    I like the idea of the garage sale. You could set up one hell of a big stall in your front garden 🙂
    I sent you a link regarding the “weird plant”.
    What a palaver with the car! I would have been the same as you, not wanting to turn it on or press the wrong thing. Technology isn’t always for the best. Bring back the old Morris Minor is what I say.
    Glad you got into the garden too. I know you’re keen to do a bit to it as often as possible. Pedalling too. Don’t you ever know when to stop? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely by the see but the wind was still quite chilly.
    Walking without the crutches is beginning to feel more natural again.
    I can smile about the car parking, and all was well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I THINK THAT WEIRD PLANT IS "JACK IN THE PULPIT". WE HAD SOME OF THE NEAR OUR OLD HOUSE.

    ReplyDelete