Wednesday 25 September 2019

Nice walk to the mere

This morning I went to the URC hall and helped prepare and cook the Living Well monthly lunch for about thirty people. Quite an easy meal today so didn’t end up aching like I did last time. I stayed to eat with them and act as a table host as well and a man played the piano as entertainment afterwards. It had turned out to be a pleasant day when I was walking home so I decided to take a walk to the mere, feed the ducks and have a cuppa! Quite a few photos that are fairly self explanatory.




I had a bit of a walk round before heading to the cafe.


Different views as you near the cafe and boating area.


Lovely reflections and colours.
Bottoms up!!
A nice rural scene as I walked home.
I had a drink with Darren and Tina and then went into the garden and re planted some hanging baskets for the autumn/winter.
I did a couple more as well, need to start getting all those pansies I bought planted!
Have managed twenty minutes on the exercise bike again this evening, so all in all a pretty good day.
The arm is still bruising but it feels okay.















2 comments:

  1. Glad the meal wasn’t so bad today. I know you suffered from the standing and preparation of the veg last time. Plus you get to eat too. It all sounds quite nice, specially with the piano music in the background. Sounds like somewhere I’d like to pop into for a meal once a week.
    Your little trip out to feed the wildlife looked quite pleasant too. You’ve got quite a few nice pics. I particularly like 5, 6 and 9. You do have a good eye for that sort of thing.
    You’re doing well on the exercise bike. Do you think you’d be tempted to do some “proper” biking at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aim was to see if I could get back onto an actual bike again, I can do quite well on the exercise bike now but the pain is still there to some degree and you don’t have to bend your legs quite so much on the indoor bike, so time will tell. I will keep practicing for a while yet.
    Was pleasant at the mere, I don’t make the effort to go there that often but enjoy it when I do.
    Luckily the meals are only once a moth, that is enough!

    ReplyDelete