Thursday 12 September 2019

Seemed like a busy day!

Tina and I left to go to Scarborough before ten, leaving a note in the window of the door for the Ringtons man! He calls back later in the day if he misses you. We went and had a look at the auction lots, it was the Country House sale, so posh printed catalogues and some very lovely, and expensive lots. Tina had something to collect from the last sale and we really enjoyed looking at the lovely real antiques. Then we went to Sainsbury’s for lunch and after we had eaten went on a search for Sanatogen! The young man who works in the drinks department looked very blank when I enquired! Tina found an older lady to ask who told us it would be with the fortified wines and port. Bingo!! I bought two bottles.
After that we went to Lidl, we had a trolley each as Tina was doing the shopping for a charity weekend away and she is doing the food. A huge trolley load of shopping and I had a smaller trolley for things we might need in the house. We were there. Over an hour and we’re ready for a drink so we called in at Deans garden centre. After refreshment we had a wander around, I was captivated by this plant and Tina loved it too. Not as expensive as we thought it would be so we got a trolley!
Then homeward bound and in time for the Ringtons man! Didn’t buy this dahlia, it was called Rhubarb and Custard and the little fluffy bees loved it!
Do have quite a bit of planting to do though!
The giant sunflower is just starting to open, so hopefully we will see it’s full glory for a while.
If the leaves are anything to go by it should be a good sized flower.
I have had achey knees today but have managed a spell on the exercise bike this evening. It doesn’t feel a lot easier yet, but will try and keep it up for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.











4 comments:

  1. A nice day for a trip out. I think it’s hard to walk around any auction house and not see something you fancy, but it does get expensive if you go to the posh ones. I’ll stick to boot sales I think!
    Glad you found the Sanatogen. Hopefully it’ll give you a boost, and with it being 15% it might help you sleep too. If not just double the dosage 😊
    I can’t say I’ve ever really noticed dahlias before, but every pic you’ve posted of them lately has made me really like them. That one has a perfect name too as it look the exact right colours. I’d happily have a garden full of those. I can see why you had to have that plant. It’s a lovely colour and pretty good value at the price you told me. Do love the little ornamental cabbages too. They remind me of the dolls house stuff made with Fimo 😊
    The sunflower is getting bigger. Pity you can’t use the leaves like cabbage. One of those would fill a pot and make a good meal. Are you sure they weren’t magic beans you planted?
    Take it easy on that bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice day, I think because I wa aching today it seemed more busy than it probably was.
    There really was some lovely stuff at the auction, a good job we don’t actually live in Scarborough any more!
    That dahlia was really beautiful and as you say a perfect name.
    Thanks for the link about eating sunflowers, very interesting.
    I was okay on the bike, wouldn’t have continued if it had been too painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, are you interested in trading dahlia tubers? (I have cafe au lait, break out, Labyrinth, and many colloretts, and take off, Waltzing Mathilda and many more....) Or will you be selling a rhubarb and custard dahlia tuber? I've been desperately looking for this variety everywhere! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I don’t have any dahlias, I took the picture of that one at a garden centre.

    ReplyDelete