Monday 16 September 2019

Sea and dot art!

A couple of boot sale buys to start today. This jigsaw will be a challenge, but if finished will be a wall one. Very unusual.
I started the garden shed one below it a couple of days ago. I was looking at these quite large knitted toys admiring the work that had gone into them when the lady said I could have them both for three pound! They will come in for a tombola or something, couldn’t resist them at that price.
This morning I walked to the Floral Hall to meet up with David and Sarah for a coffee. The sea was beautiful with th sun on it.




This afternoon I caught the bus up to Freeport, I was looking for things I could use to make the dots in the dot art pictures. I got a pack with a couple of sponges with round wooden handles in which may work. I called in at Woods on the way back to get some dowels as well. Had to get long lengths which they cut in half for me to carry home! Had a bit of a play when I got home, I had painted some shapes this morning.
I went out for a bit this evening and evaded up taking my washing in when it was almost dark, and watering what I could see when it was dark! Before eight in th evening so the nights are really drawing in. The sky was a bit pink!













2 comments:

  1. You are a glutton for punishment when it comes to jigsaws. That one looks a real nightmare, but as you say will look nice on the wall. I can’t believe you only had to pay £3 for those toys. There’s so much work in them! All that effort to end up at a boot sale ☹️
    The sea always looks nice, but it’s amazing the difference just by shooting at two different angles.
    I quite like both of the dot art items, particularly the rabbit. Could you use a pipette to place the dots or do they have to be stamped with dowels etc?
    You are a keen gardener. Watering in the dark! Before you know it it’ll be dark at 4pm. Winter is nearly here. Lots more crafting on the dark evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thy really were a bargain, must have taken ages.
    The lady teaching the dot art uses dowels, so will go with that for now.
    Wasn’t great tryouts no to see what I was watering, hopefully the new plant got plenty though!

    ReplyDelete