Thursday 21 March 2019

Garden centre and shopping

This morning I did a bit of clearing up before Tina and I were setting off for a garden centre for lunch and then to Morrison’s for a bit grocery shop.
Darren has kindly let me borrow his camera until I get mine mended or get a new one. These flowers on my table are the daffodils but the two plants I am minding for my friend Sarah while she is away.

And the lilies are opening beautifully in the other vase, and the roses are holding up well, they so often drop these days.

We went to a Bridlington garden centre, had a look round and then had a delicious lunch. After that I bought some bulbs for a change and some plants. One bag on offer was for fifty mixed gladioli! Nice display in the grounds.

After that we went off and do the shopping then called in at Hornsea garden centre on the way home as I wanted more mealworms and they were less than half the price there. When we had unpacked the shopping we had a cup of tea in the summer house as it was still very warm.
May try and get plants and maybe some bulbs on tomorrow.






2 comments:

  1. That was nice of Darren to lend you his camera. Bit easier than fiddling with the phone, and the pics look good quality too.
    You certainly have a lot of colour in the house with those plants. The lilies look great. Lovely colour. More bulbs for the garden! You’ve just spent ages digging 100’s up and now you’re going to plant more 😊
    At least you got all your shopping done and a lunch out to boot, always good. Even the birds will be happy now you’ve stocked up on their food too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures from the camera. Will try and get mine looked at though. I do have a colourful room at the moment.
    Yes, more bulbs to plant, should be good at it by now!

    ReplyDelete