Friday 22 March 2019

Garden again

Yesterday Tina and I were  helibores at the side of the house and thought it would be nice to be able to see them when we are in the kitchen. We thought of moving one to the bed where the gladioli are. They are very beautiful and we don’t go to the side of the house.

I did take a picture of the bed I was moving one to but for some reason it didn’t take. It was quite weedy and the path needed tidying, the hellebores were not that easy to get a fork under but did manage to get a couple of smaller ones up and got the moved.

Fingers crossed they will survive the move and keep flowering.
I am getting stuff ready for Darren and I to have a stall at a boot sale and had put a foot stool in one of the boxes. I suddenly thought it would fit under one of the chairs in the summer house and then my relaxing out there would be perfect!

Being brown it could have been made for the purpose. I had a drink out there with my feet up and the birds are getting braver as I took these from the summer house.



Ellie phoned and asked if I wanted to visit this afternoon and take the small die cutter I bought ff them. I just couldn’t make it cut although it did emboss okay. It is about a mile to there house so a bit of exercise as well. On the way I spotted this truck, very unusual.

Ellie’s husband tried many different ways and he couldn’t cut any dies successfully either. Sorry to frustrate him but glad it wasn’t me being stupid!
Had a nice chat with them and Ellie showed me her new sewing machine, she wants to try patchwork and quilting.
I walked home and had a nice stir fry for tea, not planning anything active now, will get out in the garden again tomorrow, weather permitting.










2 comments:

  1. They are nice looking plants, so I hope they survive the move. But they were completely out of view around that corner. Bit of a waste. The grass looks very green.
    Good thinking with the footstool. You just need a little gas burner and a kettle out there and you could spend the day 😊You’ve had a fair bit of use from it already, but hopefully you’ll be out there a lot more in the summer. Resting that is, not recuperating after a digging session!
    Glad to hear it was the cutter at fault and not you. Sounds like you’ll be able to pass on a few tips to your friend Ellie about quilting. You’ll definitely have to show her how to make a raggy quilt. Still my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely, I am hopeful all will be well, I moved them quickly.
    The grass is green, Rob mowed it this week too.
    I really do like the summer house and I am sure it will be very well used this year.
    Ellie is at very early stages with sewing but I have said I will happily give her some tips.

    ReplyDelete