Sunday 2 December 2018

Garden clearing and carols at Atwick

Yesterday evening I helped Tina make a large number to put in an upstairs window. It is for a Live Advent Calendar around the town, a different building adding a number each day up until Christmas. We were 2 so needed to be up for today. It shows okay in daylight and is also clearly visible with the light on at night.
The weather was a bit better this morning, and Darren is away so no boot sale and market trip so I went out in the garden. Had planned to put bulbs in but ended up clearing an area behind the summer house so that the bamboo we had been given could escape from the plastic bag!
So much ivy and other stuff to clear, haven’t done the heavy work for a bit!
I do wonder about previous owners, endless rocks and boulders out the front, I hit bricks as well as roots on this patch. A couple of the bricks were really old and chunky!
One of these days I’ll hit an easy patch! I managed to get the bamboo in just before the rain arrived.
This little lady was flitting around, I was talking to her and she didn’t fly off, moved her head but putting her in anyway.
Tina and I had dinner a lunch time today and then we went to the Christmas fair at Atwick and then gathered outside to sing carols and see the lights turned on in the tree. It was dark but the camera has made it appear quite light.
We went back into the hall for mulled wine and mince pies and the raffle draw. Took another picture of the tree as we left, at least it looks dark!

I got the cake ready for the church bazaar, I will be away but they will use it for a ‘guess the weight of the cake’ stall.
Strictly results soon, could be interesting.




















3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the odd blue lines, don’t know how to edit them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the live advent calendar. Is there a prize at the end for someone?
    Looks like quite hard work in the garden again! That’s Darren’s fault for not being there to drag you off car booting! The garden seems to have been used as a dumping ground for untold rubbish in the past. Hope you don’t find anything too disturbing in future digs 😀
    Hope you partook of the mulled wine and mince pies, they sound very nice, and very festive too.
    The little cake looks lovely, someone is in for a treat. If you tell me the weight I could probably but in a distant bid 🍰
    Don’t worry about the blue lines, they don’t detract in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to get the bamboo in, it needed to be planted. Won’t get much more gardening done this week I think so good to get a bit done today.
    Certainly had been interesting hitting the garden, be nice to find something really interesting.

    ReplyDelete