Wednesday 26 December 2018

Boxing Day walk

Today the weather was brighter and I thought I would take a walk up to Freeport and arranged that Darren would come and meet me and have a coffee when I had finished shopping. You know me and skies and I was taken with the sun looking like the moon on my way up there. Was stopping and starting trying to get a decent shot.
I wasn’t sure when Freeport opened today and Tina said she thought it opened at 9.30 am. When I got there at just after ten the place was dead and the shops shut. There were a couple of other people who had arrived expecting to shop and I discovered that it actually opened at 11 am. Wandered about for a bit , it was dry and not too cold so it wasn’t too bad. Had a coffee when the shop opened and then bought some clothes in a couple of shops. Saw another bug hotel near the bug centre.
I called in at the craft outlet and Mags and Carol were on duty. They had a good offer with dies so ended up getting some. Also signed up for a free class Mags is running as a thank you to people who have attended the classes regularly. Darren did come up and meet me and we had a drink and then came home.
Christmas dinner today so I prepared everything and got the meet in when we got home. I did about twenty minutes out in the front garden using the hoe before I got seriously cooking. We all had Face Time with Lee and family in America which was good and it was a lot easier than using Skype!
Full now after a nice dinner and not int nosing to do much!








2 comments:

  1. The third picture is a cracker. Well worth going out just for that! You’ve had some really great pics lately.
    Good job it wasn’t raining, or snowing, or it would have made your wait seem a lot longer. Plus if you hadn’t hung around you’d have missed our on your bargain new clothes and a free craft course. At least you didn’t have to walk home.
    Glad the FaceTime session went ok. I remember what a palaver Skype used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleased with that one.
    It was a good trip up there in the end and it was a very nice and welcome drink when the cafe did open.

    ReplyDelete