Saturday 15 December 2018

Back home

There was a party at the hotel last night but it was over by midnight and we have experienced worse! We had breakfast, without Angie in th end as she wasn’t very well. So we dropped her presents off and then went to see Rachel before we made out way home. We had a good journey and beat the bad weather home, it is pretty awful now.
Yesterday I bought a new trug at Van Hage, but this one is a colander trug which I have never seen before. So if you collect veggies from the garden you can rinse them in the trug before you fetch them indoors.
Then I bought a lovely little planter in cathedral square, you won’t be surprised that it is a bit silly but very cute!
We were home quite early and I have unpacked and sorted through my post. Then I put cuphooks into the little wooden tree that I got at the boot sale last week. The wood was pretty hard and the hammer was needed! But it is now decorated and I have used all ornaments that I have made again.
Watching the final dances of the Strictly final now.






2 comments:

  1. Really pleased you made it home before the bad weather hit. Nothing worse than a long drive through rain and snow.
    You’ll have to prepare a nice veggie patch so you can get some use out of the trug. Homegrown veg always taste better anyway I think. Definitely a few courgettes I think. Bit like the gourds, but at least you can eat them. I remember the chicken drumsticks, courgette and soup mixes we did with the ones from the allotment. What are you going to plant in your duck?
    Love the little tree. It looks really classy, and it’s great that you made all the decorations too. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what to put in th duck, the space is only big enough for a small pot, maybe something artificial.
    I had thought I would grow courgettes as well of gourds, not sure what else, need to get a veggie area prepared really.
    Yes, I am pleased with the tree, worth battling with the cup hooks!

    ReplyDelete