Tuesday 4 December 2018

Games and cakes and evening out!

A fairly brief entry tonight as it is getting late and I have an early start and a long journey tomorrow. This morning I went to order the meat for Christmas. A heavy frost today and a couple of pictures of the park.
Love that one, the frosted area looked like water.
The park looks lovely even with the change of the seasons. Then I went to the library to check out a board games group that started recently. I ended up playing dominoes with three elderly men, but it was quite fun and getting to know one who is slowly recovering from a massive stroke was really nice.
This afternoon I finished icing the cakes and even got them all decorated, they now take up a lot of room in two rooms!
My knee flared up later this afternoon, worse than it has been for some time, so I hit the pills as I was going along to the HUGS Christmas meal this evening, and of course I have the long journey down to Hemel tomorrow. Luckily the medication worked and I was able to enjoy a very nice meal in good company. Just need to get finished packing and get some rest before the off tomorrow.








2 comments:

  1. I like taking pics when there’s been a really heavy frost, specially a proper hoar frost, but we don’t seem to get so many of those now. Probably global warming!
    That’s a lot of cakes, but I can spot mine quite easily 😀
    You’ve had a busy day again, but the dominos and the meal out both sound as though they were enjoyable, which is good.
    I really hope a few pills in the morning will see you through your long trip tomorrow, and I also hope all those trains run to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall a good day, just need the knee to settle down now.

    ReplyDelete