Thursday 29 July 2021

The cat’s out of the bag!

While Tina was away Paul see the patio slabs the she had bought some time ago, but I couldn’t put it on the blog as she does follow it and it was to be a surprise! She knows now so here it is.
This morning I went out to post letters and get something in for lunch as we decided not to go out today. These were on the reduced stand, I bought a couple of packs. I think they are scrummy, also low calories and healthy!
Have looked them up and you can get them on line. They had a few packs left so will go and see if they are still there tomorrow.
We watched the gymnastics at the Olympics. When I went to make a drink I noticed that Paul had arrived so made him one too. He has now started the laborious job of repairing and reinforcing the stone wall.
He found this shell embedded in the wall, we think it is an oyster shell.


After lunch I decided to go and get some gardening done. The beds near the summer house were getting overgrown and messy looking.


I did use the strimmer and clearing the beds I filled the huge garden truck.

I didn’t plant traditional sunflowers this year but we have a couple of self sown ones that have grown after falling out of fat balls for the birds! The are getting tall and one is opening now.
Pandora has been on my lap for a lot of the evening but has taken herself off now, my knees are grateful!
















2 comments:

  1. The patio slabs look very nice, I think Paul made a good job of them. It does look nice as the semicircle, but I think it was a bit tight of her not to buy the whole circle 😊
    I bought those exact same seaweed thins from the Chinese supermarket in town a long time ago. I really enjoyed them too. Unusual little snack. Very morish too, as you’ve obviously found out 😊
    Paul has is work cut out sorting out that wall, but I’m sure he’ll make a good job of it. Might take a while though!
    That’s a nice shell. Too good to be left in the wall. I’m sure you find a use for it.
    The difference in the before and after photos of the flower beds are amazing. It must motivate you when you see that, but there’s only so many times you can motivate yourself! It’d motivate me to get a gardener 😊
    Handy the sunflower being next to the tree, it saves you looking for a stake to tie it to. The birds can peck the seeds out of it later.
    She’ll be back on your lap later when you’re in bed. She loves you 😊🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beds look so much better when weeded and the edges neatened so it is good but I know it is only a temporary fix!
      The shell is pretty, especially the lovely shine inside.
      The wall will take a long time, that area was already collapsed, but at the side it is horribly bowed and he will have to dismantle it!

      Delete