Sunday 10 January 2021

Peculiar People Day - count me in!

I just love all these different days, literally every day has some special celebration, some much more fun than others.
This time last year I obviously sat out in the summer house and caught quite a lot of wildlife, so as I haven’t a lot to post today will add a selection.




Haven’t done a great deal again today, spent quite a bit of time researching long arm sewing machines as I am seriously thinking about getting a quilting machine as I have lots of material and feel like I would enjoy some quilting again. I also watched some videos on free motion quilting which has quite inspired me! 
Finished reading the first Marple novel last night and have started the second one in the omnibus, this one is The Moving Finger.
When I took the food recycling up to the bin I looked at the tubs I replanted just before I went into hospital, one of them is flowering really well.
I have done. A bit more to the jigsaw, I really like the colours in this one.
I will watch the start of the new series of Pottery Throw Down this evening, the potters make some really amazing creations.
Today’s word is familiar, but the definition isn’t, to me anyway!
Bane (n.) A substance able to cause death; poison.










2 comments:

  1. You’ve had some great pics from the garden, specially in the summer months. They’ll soon be around again and you can get out there with your monopod and cuppa 😊
    You should definitely treat yourself to a good sewing machine. I know you’ve always wanted a really good quality one, so why not. You’ll get pleasure from doing some more quilting, and they are very useful too. The quilt you made me is on my bed now and it makes it really cosy. Keep watching the videos and you’ll get even more inspired to do some.
    Mind you between reading, doing puzzles and all the other stuff you manage to fit into a day, you might struggle to find time.
    Just watched the Throw Down. Very good as usual. I really liked the beehive set.
    I have heard of bane in that context. Wolfsbane for instance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of going in the summer house today, but the thought passed! Might get wrapped up and take my book down there for a change.
      The throw down was very good, they are so clever!

      Delete