Saturday 16 January 2021

Appreciate a Dragon Day!

To mark today’s special meaning I have put paint to paper! Appreciate a Dragon Day was started in 2004 by Mrs Paul to celebrate the release of DragonSpell. The idea is to enjoy dragon pictures/books and maybe get creative! So thought I had better get creative and incorporate one of my latest hobbies as well!
I went out this morning reasonably early before the shopping delivery which was due around nine. It was raining and from the look of it has been raining most of the night as the ‘pond’ in the front garden was back! I went out and fed the birds when I got back and the mud out the back is becoming quite treacherous.
I meant to mention the other day that I had ordered some fabric spray for sandwiching quilting layers together to make the actual quilting easier without the use of pins and reducing the likelihood of bunching up. A very impressive package when it arrived!
I did some hand washing, the spinner on our machine is not very good but we have an old fashioned spinner which is brilliant, the bits will soon be dry!
I finished the third Marple novel so just one left in that omnibus, but luckily another one arrived today!
When I was putting the fox food out it had cleared up and was really a lovely evening, although still pretty chilly.


Will finish with a word again.
Jactance (n.): Boasting; vanity.









2 comments:

  1. Appreciate A Dragon Day. They get better 😊 I really like the drawing, very good!
    It’s been a miserable old day and we did have a fair bit of rain during the night here too. Luckily we don’t seem to have acquired a pond. I can imagine your back garden is getting bad. It looked pretty slippy in the last lot pics you put up. Do be careful when you’re out there.
    The can of spray does look colourful. I hope that didn’t increase the price too much?
    You’re flying through the Miss Marples. You’ll be read them all before long. What next?
    Love the first of the last two pics.
    Good word again. I can’t believe many people still use these words. But I bet they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving discovering the different special days, some really interesting and some really whacky! Enjoyed getting creative with a dragon as well!
      I think it will be a while before the garden begins to dry out, I am exceedingly careful when I go out there.
      I have five more Marple to read and will try to get the other four later.

      Delete