Sunday 3 January 2021

National fruitcake toss day!

Well, the calendar states that this is fruitcake toss day. I looked it up and sure enough it is! The first Great Fruitcake Day was in Manitoba Springs, Colorado on January 3rd 1996. So there you have a useless fact for the day!
First picture today is one sent to me by a friend and is particularly cute.
Bit huge, can’t reduce it! A couple now of the sky this morning.


I fed the birds and went along to the shops this morning, then started on another monogram which I finished off after lunch.
Used coloured pencils on that one but may try one in watercolour another day.
Tina has been having a play with some Das air drying clay and made me a cute little pig.
Watched a couple of episodes of ‘Watching’ this afternoon, really enjoying its quirky humour. Then got dinner and have been reading the Miss Marple short stories which I am also really enjoying.
Will finish with a word from the calendar tonight.
Discrutator (noun) : One given to extreme skepticism and making petty and unnecessary objections.








4 comments:

  1. Fruitcake toss day! Why would anyone want to toss a perfectly good fruitcake? Only in America!
    The otters are cute. I can see why you like them, but I’m sure they could have one of your fingers off in one bite ๐Ÿ˜Š
    You do get some nice sunrises and sunsets up there, and aren’t too built up to obscure them. I do occasionally see a nice coloured sky here, but there are too many obstacles to get a nice pic.
    You have been on a household crafting craze lately. I bet even Darren has done some electronics, which counts as crafting. I think the monograms would lend themselves to watercolours nicely. Very cute pig, and tiny too. I think the Rev should now do a litter of piglets to go with it. That’ll test her eyesight, and patience ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿท
    I could be a discrutator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the calendar is great and it even has me looking things up!
    The otter picture is really cute may have to get it printed
    We are a crafty lot just now, little piglets would be cute......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, I love Tina's pig and I remember u used to collect pigs I think. ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ–
    I am re looking through tlkast years calendar that you gave me and looking at the photos. I love the one of twatt church it made me laugh. And I love the blackbird as it reminds me of my mum and dad's garden as they always have cheeky, bold blackbirds who act like they own the place. I like to think of your garden and what you have done with it.
    I have painted a bottle recently for myself really and have some plans for to do more, but it's just the time to do it. I am meditating alot and also try to walk /sit in the park as much as I can as it helps with anxiety. And I also still do my cognitive behaviour therapy by myself.
    And visiting my dad and mum if course. And friends from church. But really a very quiet time. And I miss church as our church ended for good. And I am often visiting my dad in a Sunday morning so haven't been going to another which I do miss the support and spiritual enrichment.
    I read a bit... Very slowly these days. But it's a progression. And I listen to stories occasionally on radio 4 which are great.
    I'm sure lockdown will finish soon and I will be able to visit you. That would be amazing. Love always Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having trouble posting comments on here at the moment Julie, will email you. But yes, I do collect pigs. XX

      Delete