Tuesday 12 January 2021

Miss Marple has arrived!

I am reading the Miss Marple novel ‘The Moving Finger’. Very enjoyable but I was beginning to wonder if it was actually a Miss Marple novel! There are only fifteen chapters in the book and she eventually appeared in chapter ten! She has a lot of catching up to do as there is a lot of skulduggery afoot!
There a two special days today, Work Harder Day and this one suits me fine, National Hot Tea Day! I will do my best.
I haven’t been out walking very far for a few days but today I had a package to post and set off for the post office. I had the fold up stick with me, and my phone of course. But managed to get there and back without needing either, albeit pretty slowly.
I took a few photos of the temporary pond in the park as the light and reflections were lovely today. One of the deserted play park as well.




I went out into the garden for a short while and cleared the path where I put the fox food and collected up some of the branches up that were littering the garden. Making a nice pile now so Tina has a good supply when she goes out and uses the incinerator which she really enjoys. Then I made a drink and took a blanket and my book down to the summer house for a bit. Both the cats were in and out and a black and white visiting cat was around but didn’t come in shot for a picture. We think it is a male as both our cats seem to tolerate him.


Sat and did a crossword with Tina, and have done a bit more to the jigsaw, so a pleasant day. Getting really cold again now though.
Today’s obscure word:
Philobiblist (noun.) One who truly loves books and literature.








2 comments:

  1. She had to get there in the end. Shows you how good she is, she only needs five chapters to solve it 😊
    Well I’ve worked hard mentally today, definitely not physically though. Not had a single cup of tea either, only coffee.
    The light was nice on the trees in the park. I really like the first one, and the second one has a lovely blue sky and everywhere is verdant. A good day for a slow walk I think.
    Glad you’re making use of the summerhouse again, although I’m not sure you’re allowed this season! It might be a bit chilly out there, but it’s nice to sit somewhere different to have a cuppa and a read. Change is as good as a rest as they say. All in all you seem to have had a nice day.
    I think you’re a Philobiblist.
    I’m looking forward to the drama again this evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very good day for a slow walk, hopefully before too long there will be good days for a brisk walk!
      Very lovely winter light today and not quite as cold as it has been.
      Best read a bit more and see how quickly Miss Marple finds the culprit!
      I have had quite a lot of tea today!

      Delete