Sunday 13 October 2019

Baking and a handsome visitor!

Not a lot to write about today. The weather has been pretty miserable. I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen today, baking this morning and getting dinner this afternoon. Watched some gymnastics and UK did pretty well. Tina had a bring and share lunch today so I made some courgette bread and cheese scones, she says they were well received,


This afternoon Tina was shouting at me to bring the camera. There was a male pheasant sitting on the top of the walled garden wall! Sheltering from the rain I think! I took a couple through very dirty, double glazed windows!


I took a chance and went out into the courtyard, quietly, and in the rain, but it was worth it!




A bit later in the day there were two male pheasants in the back garden at one point being stalked by Blue. I got her in and she was very disgruntled while we kept her in until it was all clear!
Watching Strictly results now,









4 comments:

  1. Those loaves do look tasty. Bet you’ll be planting courgettes again next year. One of these days I’m going to get some myself and have a go at making them. Sliced with lots of butter! You must send me the recipe so I have it for when I’m being bad 😊You’re scones are always good. I’ve always liked them.
    The difference between the pics of the pheasant through glass and not are amazing. Well worth getting a little damp for. It’s so colourful.
    Watching Strictly results myself. Who will go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so strange to see him sat on the wall, he was there quite a long time.
    The baking turned out well, always good when you are making it for others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I lived nearby. I’d put an order in for regular food parcels 😊

    ReplyDelete