Thursday 15 August 2019

Janis Ian and getting ready for home.

Last night Lee and I set off for Ridgefield, a town not far away. We settled down for a meal before the show. The food was great when it arrived, but we waited well over half an hour and Lee asked twice when the food was coming as we were going to a show. Anyway, we had time for some speed eating and then got to the car and the the Ridgefield Playhouse. We went to see Livingstone Taylor, who I had never heard of and Janis Ian who nobody I know has ever heard of! Livingston is a singer song writer and his songs were funny and quirky, great guitarist too. I took a couple of pictures but they were not great. After the interval Janis Ian came on, also a singer song writer with a couple of Grammies to her name. She sang some of her better known songs and a couple I haven’t heard before, all very good.
After the show Lee rushed out to get a place on the line so that I could see her and get an autograph. We hadn’t been sitting together as the show was nearly sold out. He was at the back so got a quick getaway!
Not to sure about that guy in the background!


What a fab way to end my trip!
This morning I went for a short walk, took pictures of trees and a distant squirrel!


I really wanted to get some pictures of the vines that are everywhere here, not so bad locally, they look fantastic but are killing the trees and growing over the power cables.


We have had a game of Scrabble this morning and will go out for lunch before I start my journey home.












3 comments:

  1. I’m really pleased you enjoyed the show. Shame about having to rush the food down, but worth it for a good show. It was great you got to meet her too, and you have some lovely pics of it. You really should get one printed and framed as a memento. Probably not the one with odd bloke in it though 😊 He looks like he’s her very bored minder!
    Won’t be long before you’re back in Blighty again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great show and memory, back here me now and feeling a little under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully it’s just a bit of jet lag and some decent sleep will get you feeling back to normal. Welcome home 😊

    ReplyDelete