Friday 2 August 2019

Meeting, garden centre and hair!

This morning it was the Living Well meeting and today we were doing chair aerobics, concentrating on mobility. Quite a good workout for the whole body, including hands, with lots of explanation of what the different exercises helped with. Talked to Mandy, the instructor and she suggested I try heat and cold or just one for my hands, so will give it a go. The exercise session was well over an hour so I was quite late getting away by the time I had washed up and help pack the chairs.
Had lunch with Tina who is on leave and then we went to Cherry Lane garden centre. We got some food treats and bird treats and of course some plants! Took photos of some hydrangeas and dahlias.




There were lots of butterflies on the plants, it was delightful.




We did buy one of these scabious plants.
When we were home I went to try and make a hair appointment, they said to come back in an hour or so. Took this beautiful gladioli in the front garden.
I went back and had a two handed hair cut again, but I am quite used to that now. They are a really great couple! I have always paid cash before but knew they did take card payments - usually, today the machine wasn’t working so had to have an extra walk to get cash out! It has been hot and sticky again today and my knee has been a bit sore. Anyway, a good haircut so worth it.
This evening I went out to do a bit of clearing in the garden near the summer house and Tina came out to join me. The stepping stones and the area around them was very overgrown and in the bed there were a lot of weeds appearing. I didn’t take a before photo but did take one when we had finished for tonight as it looks a lot tidier.











2 comments:

  1. Another day crammed full of things. I’ve not done much at all myself. You do show me up 😊
    Those huge flowers look great, and the butterflies are really colourful. You’re so lucky to get to take pictures like that every day. Can’t believe you’ve got more plants to put in the garden. There won’t be room for weeds to grow before long. Now wouldn’t that be nice!
    The two handed haircut does seem a bit weird, but they always make a good job of it and it’s definitely different.
    Tonight’s gardening has made the front of the summerhouse look really good. It looks a lot of work, but split between two makes it a bit easier.
    Hope the suggestions for easing the pain in the hands works. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see the butterflies, there were lots and different types too.
    Getting an area of garden tidied was good, Tina has an afternoon tea in the garden when I am away and I want to get it looking reasonable for that.
    Will wash my hair tomorrow, but think it is a good cut.

    ReplyDelete