Wednesday 21 August 2019

Trains, buses but not planes this time!

This morning I took Cookie for a walk again and then got myself packed and ready for the journey home. It went pretty well, trains on time and but only a couple of minutes late departing. I was feeling a bit weary and dozed a off now and again, but luckily was awake at the times I needed to get off!
I went to the shop quickly and got some milk and something for tea, then I went and sat in the summer house for a bit. Not a lot of bird activity but the tits did appear when I filled the feeders. Some nice gladioli in front of the summer house now.
The marigolds are looking good and there is another lovely gladioli near the walled garden.


Some of the tit, they are always delightful.




I ordered a Janis Ian double cd before I went away and it had arrived when I got home. Although it has a lot of track I have already almost half of them I haven’t got, so really looking forward to listening to us.
A nice restful evening now and a early night I think!










4 comments:

  1. Glad the journey went ok, and you got home at a reasonable time too which is good. Getting a bit of time in the summerhouse with a bit of birdwatching was good too. The tits look very happy with a fresh supply of fat balls. I’m sure the sewers lurking somewhere nearby too.
    Hope you’ve managed to listen to a few of the Janis Ian tracks this evening. Wonder how old she was on that album cover? She’s aged very well comparing it with the latest pic you have with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the hell do squirrels become sewers? 😄

      Delete
  2. Think you meant squirrels. Haven’t seen any for a while and Tina was told there may have been a cull!:( glad to be home with no long journeys on the horizon! Haven’t listened to the cd, just vegging in front of the tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cull!!!!!! Mean miserable gits!!!!

    ReplyDelete