Wednesday 28 August 2019

Quite a day!

This morning Iwas due to help prepare and cook a meal for thirty plus at the URC for the Living Well clients. I went out early enough to walk down to the sea, it was a lovely morning.




Then I went along to the hall to get started on food preparation. June has taken over, a lady about my age, we had mountains of potatoes, carrots and cabbages prep. We had a quick tea break and then got on with the cooking. Not enough big saucepans or enough rings to cook on for that matter, two very large saucepans of potatoes and carrots and three not so large of cabbage. Sausages to go in the oven. June had brought a potato ricer with her, a small domestic one! I did about three quarters of the spuds and was I hot and bothered then! Once thedishong up and serving was done I headed home as I was going to the hospital with Tina who had an appointment at the eye clinic. My legs were very painful as I walked home! We had a light lunch and set off for Hull. 
It was very busy at the clinic but we didn’t have overly long to wait. Tina has a new prescription and will be back for mother check up in a couple of months. Tina had some posters and fliers to collect from a printer and I had sorted out the notelets I had designed to see about getting them printed. I had designed them as a fund raiser for the Urban Gardeners. We agreed a number and I will recover from the cost! They took my number and said they would not do them today as a big order had come in.
The Range store was near so we went along and got envelopes for the notelets and some edging shears for the lawn plus a few other bits. While we were there I got a message saying the printing was done, so we went back and collected them. They are on thick card and folded, hopefully they will sell.
By the time we got back here I was well and truly ready for a sit down. We had take away for dinner and then Tina and I went down to the shop. I wanted stuff for breakfast as Anya and Isobel are coming up later tonight
This morning a mug I had ordered through Free Prints had arrived but I hadn’t had time to open it. I had the photo of the robin on the feeder put on it and it is on back and front. Really nice job. I just had to pay rather inflated postage!
Not planning to do a lot this evening, I got the guest bedroom ready yesterday.








2 comments:

  1. I love the early morning beach pics. The light catching the water is lovely. Bet you wished you were sitting down there looking at it while you were spud bashing! Sounds a bit like feeding the 5000, but you got there in the end. Actually thinking about, feeding the 5000 was probably a bit easier 😊
    The notelets look great. Hopefully they’ll sell well and raise some funds for them. They look really nice quality. The mug is really nice too. I’m guessing that’s going to be the go to mug for use and not just display.
    Quite a busy day for you again including the trip to the hospital with the Rev.
    Hope the clan aren’t too late arriving, and my fingers are crossed for some decent weather for you to get out and about. I’m sure you’ll have a good time though whatever you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt like quite a busy and certainly full day, nice to be relaxing now and it is now cooler which is a bonus.
    I am sure June and I will make a better job of it next time, it is only once a month which is actually quite enough!
    So pleased I made it to the sea first, always a good start to a day.
    I am pleased with the notelets.

    ReplyDelete