Sunday 25 August 2019

Biker event and Christmas cakes!

This morning Darren and I went along to theboot sale as usual. I have been feeling tired recently and today my legs were aching and it was very hot! So I bought a folding chair for £1.50 so Icould sit down and wit for him to finish browsing! It is now put on the patio....
I bought two pretty glass dishes for a pound, forgot to show them to Tina. If you are reading this Tina, if you don’t like or want them don’t worry because I think they are gorgeous!
When Darren came to find me he took me to a stall where they had the most attractive plant stand. You will not be surprised that it came home!
We were home just ahead of the bikers. I took photos from the middle bedroom. I snapped away and took over 100, deleted a lot but still had 45! Have whittled it down to put on the blog!










After that noisy episode I set to and lined three cake tins and then made up mixture for three cakes, one. Little smaller than the other two. First one out of the oven!
All three are now cool and wrapped ready for the feeding to begin. Will try and make another batch tomorrow.





















2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a few bargains today. Cheap too. The chair was ideal. You should leave it in the boot of the car for next week. Like the little dishes and the plant stand is a proper old fashioned type. Would look perfect with a giant coffee plant on it!
    Some great motorcycles. Not the best day to be dressed in leathers and helmets though!
    The cakes look great as usual. Couple of bottles of brandy in them and they’ll be perfect 😊 Roll on Christmas. Bet the house smells good, and will do tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the cakes will be as well received as usual. I will be glad when they re lol made. The house was smelling pretty good to us but not so much for Tina who doesn’t like fruit cake.
    So many bikes, a big event in the town.
    The boot sale was heaving today, biggest we have seen it.

    ReplyDelete