Friday 16 August 2019

Back home

The cars and plane were all good yesterday and today but sadly I didn’t enjoy the journey as much as I might have as I was feeling quite poorly. The throat was sore, I had a thumping headache, wa very tired and my legs ached! Had thought I would fall straight into bed when I got home, but decided to hang it out and get to bed early tonight, just took a picture out of the car window on the way to the airport yesterday.


We were nearly there then but the traffic had been pretty bad. I dozed quite a lot, just couldn’t stay awake. I got through border control quite quickly and had quite a while at the airport, it seemed very busy and loud this time!
I didn’t have the dinner on the plane as I wanted to try and get some sleep. I bought one of the neck supports a did use it, but wasn’t that impressed.
Tina got me some bits at the shop and cooked dinner for the three of us and brought me back some flowers....
I had a bath and felt a little refreshed after that. I won’t be late to bed though.
I bought a new gadget in America for the kitchen, it is a sort of blade and chopping board in one! I prepared the veg for Tina and used it very successfully.


I did the potatoes, carrots and broccoli with it, but supposed to be able to use it for meat and even bread.
It has been raining here for a while now and much cooler.




2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your trip home wasn’t so good as going, but at least it was door to door. Struggling with trains etc would have been really bad when you’re feeling a bit ill. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help, and I’m sure you’ll sleep well after the long trip.
    Nice of Tina to get you some nice flowers as a welcome home, and always nice to have a meal cooked for you too. I’m sure you’ll soon drop back into your old routines after a day or so home.
    I like your funky new gadget. Just watch the fingers though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think it is a combination of things, hopefully a geed rest will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete