Thursday 1 August 2019

Feeling weary!

I felt a bit tired today. No particular reason, old age creeping up on me!

I walked to the post office as I needed stamps, called in at the pet and garden store on the way back to get some more stakes to support thegladioli. Stopped at Missy, the little clothes shop.as I had seen a pair of loose trousers in the window the other day. Bought them and walked slowlyjpme, got to the garden, saw the gladioli and realised I left the stakes at Missy! So had to walk back and collect them.
Tina and I were off to Freeport at lunch time as Mags and Abi from the rift outlet had arranged to meet up with a group of people who had attended classes as they have bothered left the outlet now ahead of it closing down soon. We had an enjoyable couple of hours there, the cafe had set us a private area and even did table service for us. We went to the Poundstretcher shop for cat food before coming home.
We sat on the patio for a bit and I attempted to to a sketch of the garden, last piece of watercolour paper in my pad, so I have ordered some more!
I took a photo of a tiny butterfly, it stayed still but not a great picture.
A couple of flower shots from the garden.


And a couple of the very attractive green gladioli.



I have supported a lot of gladioli this evening, looked at the weeds but decided to leave them alone!







2 comments:

  1. Quite a nice morning then, apart from the walk back to the shop. Just the sort of thing I do.
    I do like your painting. You’ve done quite a few recently. It’s good to make use of the reasonable weather while it’s about. You may not be so keen with six inches of snow!
    I love the yellow and red flower. Very pretty. Could do with stuff like that in our garden to brighten it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That daisy type flower is really bright, they open up in the sun.
    Not a bad day, just need to find a bit more energy!
    Going to try and sketch more, so far so good.

    ReplyDelete