Sunday 4 August 2019

A day of gardening!

Haven’t been it at all, my plan was to start getting the back garden tidy as there is to be a strawberry tea in there on Saturday. I won’t be here so will try and get it in shape before I go away. I took the weeds that Tina and I had removed on Friday up to the garden bin and took a couple of photos before I got started in the back garden.


The first bed I was going to work on is where the dead tree is and the hollyhocks.

Got that one sorted before I had a break.
The next bed proved more of a challenge, lots of brambles and bindweed and the weeds with long tap roots.
Up by the wall at the back there was a bush wit lots of bindweed and brambles growing through it, so a lot of pruning to do too!
Had a break and some lunch before I finished what I intended to do on that bed.
That was a fair bit of work but I was on a roll and want to get a narrow bed ready for planting as visitors will come in that way.
I dug it over and decided to get it planted up as I knew once I had gone inside I wouldn’t be rushing out there again today!
So a pretty good days work and feeling tired now, but in a good way!
















2 comments:

  1. Well looking on the bright side, you haven’t had time to get bored today! You’ve done a hell of a lot, and it looks so much better after a bit of attention. You’ll be needing attention yourself if you keep up that rate! At least you had a few breaks which was good. Bet you’ll sleep well tonight too, assuming aches and pains don’t keep you awake.
    I just hope the strawberry tea patrons notice the work you’ve put in. Plus you’re not even going to be there! Mad 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. No certainly not bored, although the thought of gardening before I start d seemed pretty boring!
    It is good to be able to see where you have been when you spend that long though!

    ReplyDelete