Friday 9 August 2019

First day....

I was up pretty early and did go for a swim, alongside Rebecca who swims fast and for ages, I swam very slowly and didn’t manage half an hour, but haven’t swum at all in months so was pleased with that.
I was going out with Pattty’s mum Pat but had a walk around the house and took some photos before she arrived.






Loved the doormat, wonder if I can find one like it at home!
Pat took me to meet her friend Linda, who is very into crafts and had a fantastic workroom with more stuff than me! She had brilliant art work all  around the house, she had got old chairs and copied famous paintings onto them. A brilliant idea, one I might have to try!
She had been given a whole lot of paper crafting stuff, I will bring some home but to bring it all would mean another case! Have found a home for some of it already.

We went and had a really lovely lunch before Pat brought me back to Lee’s. I have sat by the pool for a while this afternoon and even sketched for a while. Just bought pens and pencils with me.
Going to have a meal with Lee and Patty tonight as the children are all doing other things. A great first day here and I am not even feeling too tired!











2 comments:

  1. The pool area looks fantastic! What a lovely way to start a day with a dip in that. Think even I would be tempted.
    The mat is very good. I’m sure I’ve seen them somewhere, so I think you’ll get one easy enough.
    The chair is amazing. It’s just so different. You really do need to have a go at that. I like the drawing you’ve done too. Are you going to leave that with them, or is it coming home with you?
    Looks like you’re having a great time, and plenty more to come. I don’t even have to say take it easy, because you are 😊 Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely house and surroundings, and the trees and shrubs round the pool area are great now. Will hunt out a chair and decide on a painting as I intend to have a go at that idea, so unusual.

    ReplyDelete