Friday 23 August 2019

Living Well meeting and a bit of gardening

This morning I went along to the Living Well meeting. Today it was in a different hall as there is painting going on at the URC. The lady today was talking about deep breathing and had us atttempting ‘equal breathing’ where you count as you inhale and exhale to the same count making sure you breathe deeply using the diaphragm. Interesting, and I did ask her how she had such a straight back, I have considered getting one of the shoulder correcting braces! She told me an exercise to do on all fours, when I said that was difficult she showed me how to do a similar exercise sitting up!
Had lunch with Tina and this afternoon I did some weeding for an hour or so. It was making my hand hurt a bit, sonottoomuch. Took some phots of the butterflies and one of a fuschia.




Loads of butterflies today. I tried to get a picture of the white ones but they were blurred!
This evening Tina and I are going to have a quick look at an open studio event in the Townhouse shop and then we are off to Skipsea to play bingo!




2 comments:

  1. Hope you get on ok with the new exercises you’ve learned today. Not so sure about the deep breathing though. You could end up hyperventilating and passing out! I really like your butterfly pics, specially as you got the yellow on white flowers in again. Fuchsias are gorgeous too. It’s been a gorgeous day weather wise here and by the looks of it it was up your way too. Supposed to be a glorious bank holiday, so don’t go too mad in that garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like hot weather all the way this bank holiday, so definitely limited gardening time!
    There are so many of the painted lady butterflies, not a lot of others except small white ones and occasionally very small blue ones.

    ReplyDelete