Thursday 22 August 2019

Walk by the sea and afternoon tea

Last night I realised I had left my phone charger at Rachel’s. I ordered one on Amazon which is arriving tomorrow but this morning I went to the local computer shop and managed to get one there! Now I will have a spare if I forget it again! After I had been to the shop I walked to the sea as I haven’t been walking enough lately. I only had the phone with me, but the windfarm that caused all the chaos while I was away was actually quite clear today!

A couple more sea shots while I was there.


I had a cup of tea on the way home and bought some peanuts for the birds. Talking of birds Tina spotted the woodpecker on a feeder at lunch time and I got to see it today. Hopefully one day it will appear when I am in the summer house.
I just pottered for the rest of the morning and then early afternoon Tina and I met up with the two Andreas to have a very lovely afternoon tea at Tickton 
Grange.


Beautifully presented on lovely china and no pressure to leave, we sat and chatted and ate for a couple of hours! The waitress took a picture of the four of us.
This evening I have managed to get myself stressed. Trying to book tickets at Hull New Theatre to see Alexander Armstrong turned out to be a very long winded challenge, changing pass words, the internet on a go slow and generally pretty frustrating, but I got there in the end. Then I decided to make an on line shopping order to get Christmas cake ingredients. Had to change address and password on that site and then had to remember how to go about actually ordering! Anyway, that is set to come on Saturday, so all good in the end.
Living Well meeting tomorrow and you never know, may even feel inclined to do some weeding!







4 comments:

  1. You’ll have a plethora of phone chargers then, specially if Rachel posts the original back to you too!
    I hadn’t realised it was the Hornsea wind farm that caused part of the chaos until the other day. Hopefully it’ll behave itself for a while now.
    Even though it was gloomy the sea still looks quite spectacular in your pics. It’s worth taking some every visit as you never know what you’ll get.
    Sounds like you had a good girls afternoon out. The cakes certainly look good and I bet there weren’t any leftovers ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Glad to hear you managed to eventually get the electronic orders sorted. Anybody would get stressed doing that sort of stuff these days. So much for it supposedly making life easier. You are a glutton for punishment though for taking on the second order after getting hassle with the first! Very pleased to hear the Christmas cake ingredients are on the way, yayyyy ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿฐ

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty good day, hopefully will get back into some sort of routine now.
    A really lovely place to have afternoon tea, they hold weddings there and company dinners etc. Very plush.
    The place is booked for Orkney next year, so something to start saving for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ll enjoy Orkney again. I know you had a good time last time.

    ReplyDelete