Wednesday 5 June 2024

Workshop day

I will start with a photo from Tina of a unusual shot of York Minster.
Caroline picked me up at 9.30 so that we could finish setting up for todays class. We set up two tables, one where Caroline did the lay work, making plant markers, and the one for me to get them painting the flower pots. I had done them all a set of pansy drawings that they could transfer to the pots with special ceramic carbon paper. I also made sure I had sharp pencils and sone fine paint brushes for their detailed work.
Here they were with Rachel and a couple of the markers.
And a couple of them painting the flower pots.
They have used the patterns I gave them but some very different results and they will all be great.
I painted a small tile while they were busy.
And a photo of their final days work.
The cake and scones went down well when we had a refreshment break, so all in all a good day. I walked back from Freeport after we had cleared up the studio. And Carol came and cut my hair this evening. Another quiet, feet up time now.

















2 comments:

  1. That’s been a great day then. I’m pleased it all went well and the end results all look very good. I’d class that as a definite success. I’m not surprised the cake and scones went down well either. Do you intend to do it again?
    I think you deserved a well earned bit of feet up time. Hope you get a good nights sleep to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No definite plans yet to do another one but we floated a few ideas and I am pretty sure we will at some point. I am looking forward to seeing them when fired. I have the dragon lamp to get on with next week!

    ReplyDelete