Thursday 13 June 2024

Busy day but not in the back garden sadly.

I decided yesterday that although I have been getting plenty of exercise I am not actually walking enough, sp set the washing machine going and went out for a walk, posted a letter and then walked on to the sea front, took some photos of lovely poppies on the memorial garden on the way.
When I got back I thought I had better start tidying the gate that is the access to the back garden for visitors on Sunday. I had started cutting before ai took the first photo, then one of the cuttings ad one of it looking more inviting!

Then I mowed both the front lawns which took about an hour and a half, so that got me to lunch it time! This afternoon thought I had better tackle the other side of the gate which was almost impassable and lots of brambles. Not really what Iwanted to be doing today, but if people ar going to be wandering round the garden had better make sure they can get in safely!
Had take away with Darren and much as ai would like to get the rest of the plants in I know I have done enough today.

















2 comments:

  1. I think you get plenty of exercise, whether walking or not! I know what you mean about the steps though. It doesn’t seem right if you don’t do many, even if you worked hard the whole day. Plus it’s a great incentive living so close to the sea.
    I really hope you get hundreds of people wanting to look around the gardens after all this work! As I keep saying, it’s looking really good and is all coming together. You are getting better at knowing when it’s time to stop though.
    Visiting day tomorrow, so maybe not a great deal of gardening. All hands on deck on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visitors or not, I hope we never enter the open gardens again!

    ReplyDelete