Tuesday 4 June 2024

Garden and baking

This morning I decided I would add a couple of trees to the bed I worked on yesterday. When we were living in Scarborough I bought some acres.one has been in the bed for three or four years now, the other two are still in the pots and haven’t been doing too well. I went down to the bed frost to see if I could dig big enough holes as there is a dead tree stump in the middle of the bed. Then I went to get the pot bound trees out. It was a battle to remove all the rubbish that was growing in there as well after years in the same pots. Then I got them into the bed plus a few plants. You can see they are a lot smaller than the one I freed earlier!
It became a delightful job as I got unexpected company. A young robin who was so unworried by me that I managed these photos with the phone.
I tidied up the area where I la I’d the grass path years ago then took a photo of the garden.
This afternoon I made a couple of sponges and some cheese scones, no picture as they look much the same as the ones I posted a couple of weeks ago.
Made them for the workshop I am taking with Caroline tomorrow at the pottery studio.
Just taking it easy now.










2 comments:

  1. Aww, the robin is very cute, and very brave to get as close as that to you.
    The beds look really good again. In fact the whole garden is looking brilliant. I hope people appreciate the work that’s gone into it. I remember you laying that grass path. It now looks as if it’s been there forever!
    Is it the class that you’re teaching tomorrow? I know you said you were making cakes for it, but wasn’t sure if it was the one you’re doing. Either way I’m sure the cakes and scones will go down well 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised when the robin just appeared, I had obviously disturbed bugs and it was enjoying a snack!
    Yes it is the course I am teaching so hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete