Wednesday 12 June 2024

Pottery painting and zero gardening!

I may regret the no gardening bit if I am struggling to get the garden in good order for Sunday and the open garden event! I have had plenty of exercise today though as despite the leg being a bit iffy I decided to try and ‘walk it out’ and make my way to Freeport. I called in at Tesco on the way as ai was trying to get a puzzle magazine but they didn’t have it in stock. Walking up to Tesco took a picture as I don’t often walk on that side of the road.
I worked on the dragon light for a couple of hours, maybe I will get it finished next week.
Then I had a chat with Caroline and we have arranged a couple of dates for me to run more workshops in August. One for a landscape on a plate and one for a set of optical illusion coasters! I went to Pound Stretcher before walking home and took this lovely hydrangea on the way.
It rained hard on the way back and I called in to see Sher at the shop and ask her advice about the kokedama that I have in a jar. I took a walk along to the bank and collected my prescription and went out to feed the birds, but decided that I had done enough and would leave the gardening,
I slept in my rocking chair last night and got a bit more sleep and no tossing and turning, may settle for that tonight too.








2 comments:

  1. Bugger the gardening, it’ll all still be there another day! 🙂 I think you’ve done enough lately, and I’m sure you’ll do double tomorrow if the weather allows!
    That is a lovely little stream. Reminds me of when I used to go newting as a boy. Doubt you’re allowed to do that now though! They spoil all the fun ☹️
    I love the dragon light. It’ll be great once you get it home and get to use it. Bet you’re looking forward to it. More workshops. You’re really in demand. If it’s not for pottery it’s for gardening and other stuff! I’m interested in the optical illusion coasters.
    Hope you didn’t get too wet on the way back. Lots of steps today so maybe you’ll sleep even better tonight. I still think the chair sounds a bit horrid, but if it helps you get a better night it’s worth it.
    Enjoy an evening of relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely little stream, must walk that side of the road more often!
    I am enjoying painting the dragon light, I really hope it turns out well. Looking forward to doing more workshops as well. I can concentrate on other things when my mind is full of getting the garden up to scratch!
    Well, needs must when it comes to getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete