Thursday 6 June 2024

Sea and clouds

I had a letter to post and Tina had a large one that needed a large stamp so I walked down to the post office. I thought I was hearing things when I asked for four large first class stamps and she said £8.40!  After that I walked up to the see front. Pics of sun on the water and clouds for a change.
I walked through the memorial garden and saw the preparations for the D-Day service later. Every bench had a wreath, there were many crosses with poppies and the bandstand was decorated.
I went with Tina when she had her dental appointment and then we had lunch at a garden centre. Tina had seen some plants that she rally qqnre in the garden but they didn’t have them. But we found plenty of others and some new bird feeders. The a bigger plant, a fatsia that Tina had spotted at a good price.
I still have eighteen plants to go in and now there.The fatsia is at the back.
Maybe the squirrels will be a bit baffled by these feeders, but not holding my breath.
We decided the fatsia needed to go at the back of the garden to give sone height, but a very rough area!
Digging and raking and the tree roots weren’t too bad!
I managed to dig the pretty large whole that was needed and now the large plant is in the garden!
I did a bit more tidying after that but no more pics.
I watered the bonsai trees and a few other things in the walled garden but didn’t feel like my more gardening this evening, so another lazy evening!

























2 comments:

  1. £8.40 for 4! I won’t be sending anyone large first class letters then! I’ll make sure cards are small and get posted in advance 😊
    I really like the second pic, the one of the black cloud. Not sure why, but it’s nice with the light bursting out the top like that.
    I didn’t go out today, so I’m not sure if we had any D-Day decorations anywhere. But knowing this lot, probably not. It’s nice that you live somewhere that makes an effort.
    That’s a lot of plant to go in the garden again. But it’ll be a bit less room for weeds to grow, so always an upside. At least you managed to get the big one in. Hopefully the others won’t need so much energy going in to plant them.
    The lazy evenings are a good thing. You usually overdo it most days, so a few easy evenings are good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very active and patriotic town and lots gets done despite the fact that various groups fall out on a regular basis!
    More preparation to get that plant into position so the rest should be quicker at least.
    I like the cloud picture too.

    ReplyDelete