Friday 28 June 2024

Doctors and library

Tina drove me down to the surgery this morning so that I could have my blood test. The nurse weighed me as they haven’t for a few years now, Iweighed the same and some extra blood tests while I was there. If I don’t hear anything they will have all been normal. I made my way home via the sea front and the library. 
I collected a book I had ordered at the library. I had done a ‘story crossword’ a little while ago and the subject was Eleanor Roosevelt and she sounded like a fascinating woman.
Caroline texted to say the dragon light was ready and she also had the plates so I can state working on the sample for the landscape on a plate class. She said she would drop them off later, but sent me the results of the flowerpot class.
I think they turned out well so hope the ladies are pleased with them.
Jean came for a while this afternoon and soon after she left Caroline arrived. Haven’t got a bulb yet but pleased with the result so far. Took several angles.
Have watered the garden, but sitting complete with cat now, as still very tired.




















4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed the blood tests are all good. I bet you were pleased the weight had stayed the same and you hadn’t put any on.
    Eleanor Roosevelt looks a very stern woman! Don’t think I’ve ever seen a pic of her before. I’m sure the book will be interesting.
    I’m sure the people from the last pottery class will be more than pleased with their efforts. Hopefully they’ll be keen to do another class.
    The dragon is really good! I’d be well pleased with that. It should look fantastic with a light in it. I’ll look forward to some more pics of it.
    Hope you sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I want the blood tests to be clear, that would mean I am no nearer to finding out what is going on!
    I hope they will be happy with their pots, need to get planning for the next workshops now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our granddaughter Rebecca read Eleanor Roosevelt's biography as a school project when she was about 8 years old. She and I went to visit Mrs. Roosevelt's home that's not too far from here. It was called Valkill. I think we both enjoyed it.

    I was glad to see the photos of you with your whole family last week. I hope you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see a comment from you Pat, it was lovely having the family altogether and we had good weather. I am sure I will find the book interesting,

    ReplyDelete