Sunday 9 June 2024

Battling the ground elder!

Went to the boot sale as usual with Darren, quite a lot of stalls and bargains to be had. A couple of puzzle books, fifty pence each, a ring stand I will use for earrings for a pound and a dvd set for a pound. I love The Wizard of Oz and this has two extra discs, one about Frank Baum and one about the movies creation and impact.
But better that that I spotted three paintings that I really liked, they were all marked at £2 each and the guy said that I could have the three for £5 as it would be a shame to split them. They are by Bernadette Loy and when Tina looked her up she is quite a well known artist. Not sure if these are original or prints, but either way they are actually beautiful and very much to my taste. Sorry about the reflections as it makes them harder to see.
I thought I would try and today up the big bed where the table with the bird baths on is. That bed was our dumping ground when we first moved in but O have grown courgettes in it a couple of times. What with the fruit bushes being prickly and fighting with the ground elder is turned out to be quite a challenge and a few hours later it isn’t finished. I had to did it over rather that just hoe. Photos of both sides before and after. If ai leave it now at least it will look like work in progress.
We had dinner later today and now I am settled ready for the final episode of The Piano this evening.
















2 comments:

  1. You’re very good at weakling out bargains at the car boot sales 🙂 I should think the extra disc in TWOO set will be quite interesting. Very good film too. The paintings are lovely. I’d definitely have those on my wall too. Absolute bargain! Might be worth millions in the years to come 🙂
    I hope you’re pleased with yourself for digging that bed. It looks so much better in the after pics, and I can imagine just how hard it was to get through that ground elder! You really should take up stamp collecting rather than gardening!
    A nice bit of dinner and your feet up for a bit of telly sounds like a good way to end your day. I hope you don’t suffer for all that digging and bending ☹️ Enjoy the final.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a good bargain day and I really love the paintings,
    And I always like to have puzzle books handy.
    It was a good workout in the garden today. Hopefully cure and not kill!

    ReplyDelete