Saturday 2 March 2024

Walk to the sea and and time in the garden

I had a message to say that the book I had reserved from the library had arrived, so fter the shopping was delivered I walked down to the hub, which is by the sea. Took a pic of the sea before gong into the library to pick up the book.
He book should be interesting, especially how you get a fried egg!
I did went into the garden to feed the birds and got waylaid as one of the windows was out of the greenhouse. Really not my favourite jog using those awful clips to pin it back in!
I stayed out in the garden and got the coloured stemmed bush into the ground. One of the biggest holes I have had to dig and needed cutters to remove a root from a tree, but it is in and it did rain later which is good.
I got a package in the post, something for me to be doing after I have had surgery. A really rather nice jigsaw.
While it was dry I made a start on repotting the bonsai trees. I haven’t done it for a couple of years now and I do hate chopping at the roots, but they usually survive. It was cold out there and I only managed to do four, so still about ten to do. Have ordered more bonsai compost and would like to get them all done before I have the surgery.
Will finish with a couple of pics from 2019, one of me with a different friend nd sadly one of the last photos of a sadly missed Charlie.














2 comments:

  1. The sea looks quite nice in that light. At least you had a little bit of exercise today without overdoing it. Even though digging holes isn’t something you should be doing these days 😊
    The book looks interesting. The fried egg on the front looks really inviting, I just wonder what it actually tastes of! I hope you try some of the recipes as I’d be interested in seeing the pics and getting your opinions on the tastes.
    That’s a big old sheet of glass to fall out the greenhouse. They should all be toughened, so will withstand a little bit of rough t treatment. I know what you mean about the clips that hold it in, they’re not always easy to fit. Good job you’re practical 🙂
    I like the jigsaw and it’s actually a sensible one for a change. Shouldn’t stress you out too much while you’re convalescing.
    You’ve done well with the bonsai over the years. I’d hate to have to hack into them and risk killing thru after all the years you’ve persevered with them. But they do still keep on going.
    That’s a nice pic of Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad day, considering quite a bit of it was cold and wet.
    Not sure why the window was out, the tree outside the greenhouse had been upended too.
    I have repotted my favourite bonsai tree and the oldest one so fingers crossed they survive.

    ReplyDelete