Tuesday 26 March 2024

First mow of the year!

This morning Simon and a helper arrived to do the first cut of the lawns, which were very long, tufty and weedy. The first mow was just to start to try and get them on the way to looking reasonable. So the two of them were working and luckily they were bagging all the cuttings into large bags to take them away.
While they were working I had a package arrive from Anya, the most adorable pretty small flowers and a ceramic pot to put them in. The pit is about three and a half inches high.
Yesterday evening I started outlining the levels on the fruit bowl.
The lawns looked a lot better when the guys had finished. I did make them a cuppa but left them ner the back door for them to collect.
Angela came for me at 12.15pm to take me to the hospital to have the ‘clips’ taken out. They really weren’t clips, they were staples and there just have been over twenty  and having them removed was extremely painful! But done now and another dressing on for twenty four hours as there as some bleeding . Went and had lunch with Angela afterwards and rested with my leg raised for quite a while when I got home. I have painted. Bit more of the fruit bowl but will post a picture tomorrow.







2 comments:

  1. Having the lawns cut makes such a difference, specially when you get someone decent to do it who can mow in a straight line 🙂 A grand job and they took the clippings away. Even that helps you out no end. Does he do the edging too?
    I love the flowers and pot. That was real nice thing to receive. Anya is thoughtful.
    I feel for you having the clips removed. I would say I can imagine how painful it was to have them out, but I can’t. I’d be a total wimp 🙂 With any luck things will start to heal better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t try to do the exercises yesterday, thought I would let the wound settle down, will be doing them again today.
    They will do the edges as well when they have the actually lawn a bit more manageable.
    Hopefully at the pottery for a while today.

    ReplyDelete