Wednesday 2 November 2022

Making space for making terrariums

I have been moving things around again today to try and have everything in one place along with a working surface so that I actually make some more terrariums. I have had a lot of the equipment and have collected jars, but they have been tucked way in a cupboard. I caught the bus to 
Sigglesthorne and walked up to the garden centre. I wanted some rooting powder and some inexpensive propagating trays. The sun was catching a tree as I got off the bus, it was a dark sky so looked quite good.
The road was quiet as  I was walking up the road, it suddenly got really busy when I was about to cross so had to wait a while!
I got a pair of quite cheap propagating trays and some rooting powder, so did get a few cuttings going.
I had a few things for the charity shop so took them across, got a couple of useful prizes in their tombola and saw a really lovely glass jar. I thought the inner piece in the jar was a fixture, but when I was washing it I released it, that was a bonus!
The little candle in a flower pot and the note pad are both really nice.
A couple of years ago I bought a winter clematis which hasn’t flowered nd this year it seemed to have died. But now it has revived and even has some buds, I have forgotten what the flowers are supposed to look like, so it will be a surprise.
I went into the garden and cleaned the bird baths and topped up the feeders as I am off on a long trip tomorrow, hopefully if buses and trains are running well, I am hoping to get to see my sister in hospital in Peterborough. 
I had some medication that has been hanging around for a while so got it bagged up and went to the chemist for them to be disposed of.
Then I did make up one terrarium on a little glass teapot.
I have everything sorted for an early get away with Darren at about seven. So will get an early night as well.











2 comments:

  1. I’m sure you’ll be able to squeeze the terrarium making stuff in there eventually. You’ll be fine then if you don’t take up any more hobbies 😊
    Has anything run into that bus stop lately? It looks like it’s still in one piece.
    The propagators look plenty strong enough for the job. Bet they were a quarter of the price of some of them in there and they do exactly the same job.
    I hope you took more than three things to the charity shop as it would be bad if you brought more home than you took 😊
    Plants are quite resilient things. Hope the clematis survives now. I can’t think what the flowers look like either.
    The teapot terrarium looks really nice. It’s unusual in a container like that. How often to you have to water it?
    I hope your trip goes ok tomorrow. Don’t forget your brolly though , as it’s supposed to be rather wet here tomorrow. ☂️

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don’t need a lot of watering, Sher suggested having a wooden skewer or stick to test the soil, or if the plants start to wilt that would be a sign! You have gravel at the base for drainage as too much water can cause root rot.
    I did take more than three things to the charity shop!

    ReplyDelete