Saturday 26 November 2022

Day trip to Hull

I caught a fairly early bus into Hull for no particular reason, just felt like a change of scene. One photo on the way in, I love the graffiti and painted shutters.
In St Stephens there was a massive queue outside one of stores, unbelievably it was the vintage shop that had a 20% off everything!
Some Christmas decks.
In The Prospect Centre the shop where they display the carnival masks was open so had a look round. 


I had a silly photo, surprise, and bought an original piece of art very cheaply. Found a frame for it when I got home.


I then went for a walk towards the funky bridge, I had been going to stop there but went over and took a different direction the other side.






Discovered another puffin off the beaten track!


I walked as far as I could and on full zoom for the phone you can see the bridge in the distance Mike!


Loved this statue so have included two of the descriptions.




This display board was on the way back to the bridge.
I passed the shop with the top I liked, they had a buy one get one half price offer, I went in and said it was a pity it was that offer and not a discount and the lovely lady knocked 20% off for me!
This building I pass when on the bus home is in definite need of attention!
Haven’t done a great deal since being home and watching Strictly now.

































2 comments:

  1. You’re always out and about somewhere. You really do put me to shame and make me very envious at times. I should definitely get out and do more!
    I think the shutters are perfect for that sort of art as it totally disappears when the shop is open and doesn’t effect anything.
    Blimey that is a large queue. I’d need to want something very special to join that.
    A selfie with Elfie. Has Jan written all over it, so to speak ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I love your piece of artwork. Perfect for you and a good price. Had to go home with you.
    Looks like you did a fair bit of walking, so plenty of exercise again today. Good job you did though or you wouldn’t have found another puffin. They are so detailed. I think they’re a great idea. You need a grande trek to see them all, that’d be fun.
    I quite like the pic of the statue with the puffin in the background, a bit of old and new.
    You had to get the top. It’s absolutely perfect for you and a good discount too. Had to be had. Looks cosy warm too.
    The building in the final pic does look in desperate need of some care and attention, or several pounds of high explosive ๐Ÿงจ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Yes, I did see the bridge ๐Ÿ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good bit of walking today so trying to keep going with that. I enjoyed being in the city today, I like Hull and finding things I haven’t seen before is always a bonus.
    It was busy in Hull, anyone would think Christmas was just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete