Thursday 13 October 2022

Hull and crafty bargains

Yesterday evening I started another jigsaw, just got the edges done, it is a really nice wildlife one with the different creatures and plants identified round the edges.
I went out fairly early this morning to catch the first post, but made it into a bit of a walk by cutting through the park on the way home,


The angels wings in the front garden looked stunning and sparkly, the photo doesn’t do it justice.
Tina hasn’t been feeling too well but still went for her dental check up in Hull. She dropped me off at the Interchange and I intended to catch the bus home. One more of the carnival parade structures.
I went up to Boots to see if the Clinique had an offer on, but actually the store had a get £10 worth of points if you spend £60, and also a three for two offer, so stocked up and boosted my points!
I made my way to Waterstones as Tina has a points card there now and  had mentioned the cafe. Had a bit of lunch, a very nice atmosphere. I was just going to look at the cookery books when Tina phoned and said she had been seen early and did I want to meet up. So I purchased a book and made my way back to St Stephens to meet her. I think the book will be very useful. It starts off with very basic snacks and has some interesting meal ideas.
We drove to a different garden centre near Beverley, the one that has a craft section. After a drink and cake we went to explore. The craft stuff was all 50% off as they are closing that section. Got quite a few bits, these are the more unusual ones.
We had a cuppa when we got back and I was looking at the book, Pandora got excited and managed to knock out teas over and the new book did get wet, but I fanned it out and no real damage done except wavy pages! I had a large package to send off so got it into the trolley and went to the post office and then up to the sea front. Bright blue sky today so looked much more inviting, although it was quite chilly.



The Japanese anemones I bought that were in the very dry bed and kept wilting have been doing better since I put them in tubs and keep them in the walled garden. They are now actually coming into flower.
Feeling quite weary now, have done a fair bit of walking this week (that is by my very limited standards, but I am trying!)















2 comments:

  1. Well at least that jigsaw doesn’t look as bad as the last one! Still don’t think I’d have the patience though.
    The park always looks nice, but I do like the pic that catches the shaft of sunlight. The autumn colours look nice on the trees. Shame we don’t get such a variation of colours like they do in America.
    Glad to got to Hull, I know you like going there. Seems it was a very good day for shopping too 😊
    The cookbook should prove to be useful. It’ll give you ideas and it’ll help you judge timings and temperatures for other stuff. Shame it got soaked by a naughty cat, but it’s good it survived. Not so sure about the cat though 😊
    The seafront looks so different to how it did yesterday. It’s nice to see the changes, but if I lived there I think I’d prefer it to look sunny every day, apart from the odd one with waves crashing. I’m getting to be real wuss these days!
    Not surprised you’re feeling weary, all the walking doesn’t help, but I think it’s all the shopping that does it 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a full day but my energy levels seem to have improved! Just sit down quietly and nod off!
    Quite a good bargain day, that is always good.
    Looking forward to having a go at a couple of things in the book.

    ReplyDelete