Sunday 16 October 2022

I see no ships!

This morning we went to the boot sale as usual, I should have taken a hat as the wind was really, really cold! There are usually lots of hats on offer but we were nearly round before I found this one!
It is new, a lady had three she had knitted and it was a pound.will add it to my collection now!
I went out in the garden for a while when we got back as I wanted to write on markers for plants that die off in the winter. With so many other routes in the ground if I don’t mark them I may inadvertently dig them up! I also got the large table cover I made ironed as it had been in the wash. Not an easy thing to press, but it I is back on the table now.
After lunch I went for a walk and took a photo of this chrysanthemum as I love the colour. Did have two in the front bed but one has died. My legs really didn’t want to walk today but I pushed on and walked a reasonable way long the front before turning back. I did have a rest near one of the puffins!







The puffin couldn’t see my ships either! It was warmer by then but the wind was still chilly. Quite a lot of people about enjoying the October sunshine.
I have used the air fryer a bit today, the bacon cooked quickly at lunchtime and I did roasted cauliflower and potatoes to go with the dinner. I am hopeful we will make really good use of it. 
A while ago Tina won a bottle of melon liqueur which ai had as she didn’t fancy it. It was okay in plenty of milk but it was the bottle I really liked. I got a set of bottle lights as the craft sale we were at last week so the bottle is now a lamp!
I ordered some square embroidery hoops which arrived today. Not only are they better than the round ones as your space isn’t restricted so much, but also the inner one actually clips into the outer one so that they make a nice tight stretch of material.


Have just watched the Strictly results and not sure I can be bothered to start any sewing tonight. May do a bit of the jigsaw unless my little helper decides to join me again!












2 comments:

  1. You must have pads of hats now, and a poor memory for remembering to take them with you. You should keep one in the pocket of every coat you own!
    Can’t see a pic of a chrysanthemum.
    It does look nice weather by the front. Shame about the chilly wind. At least you have lots of hats to keep you warm 😊🥶
    When you speak about the air fryer I can’t work out what “the bay one” should actually be 🤔 You are getting some good use from the ninja though. Have you got anything lined up from the book you bought?
    I like your bottle light. I’ve been making a few solar powered ones.
    Those sewing are much better than the rounds one, much less wasted space. Im sure we’ll be seeing some cushions on here very soon.
    That’s definitely one helper I wouldn’t want 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrections made and photo added!
    Getting used to something new is a learning curve, but all you can do is try and find your own way!
    There were people on the beach and one or two in the water making the most of the Indian summer.

    ReplyDelete