Thursday 20 October 2022

Couple of oops moments!

This morning, after the Ringtons man had been I encouraged Pandora to go outside even though it was raining, and then thought I would try and finish the jigsaw without her help! I covered it with a another board and the lifted the very heavy sewing machine on top. Then decided that it should be on the table, not the boards, picked the boards up to put on the floor, forgetting what was sandwiched between them! This was the finished jigsaw!
Covered it up and thought I would start on the hedgehog cushion cover. Had real difficulty putting the bobbin in, it is an awkward sideways one, and even more difficulty attaching the foot. Hopefully the fingers will improve a bit! The machining has started quite well, I have only used two colours so far and the marker line will disappear when I iron it. But It was the second oops moment. I had managed to catch one of the corners of the material under the hedgehog, as a result it will not now be big enough for the cushion blankI have!
When Tina was home we decided to go to Flemingate for lunch and a look in the stores there. We had lunch in the Dunelm cafe, you could see the Minster from where we sat.
I found a smaller cushion blank that was reduced, so that was good, and Tina insisted that I needed this hooded blanket!
Then we went to Baytree Interiors. I had admired some vases that had a marble effect since we have been going to the shop and today they were reduced. Then the lady at the till gave us a scratch card each and said to scratch just one square and it would be 10, 20 or 30% off. Tina uncovered a 10 but I uncovered  30, so the vase came home!
We had a browse in Art and Soul and then we set off home but stopped at a garden centre for a cuppa. I used to grow seeds to eat a while ago and spotted this little pack. Had set it up and will see how it goes.
The lights in the cafe were quite funky.
I sorted the jigsaw and may seal this one as I got some special glue for puzzles at the craft sale last week.
I got some batteries today and the DVD player I got for £2 appears to work. The remote had leaking batteries but it cleaned up okay.
Visiting day tomorrow, so not a lot of exercise today and won’t tomorrow either!

















2 comments:

  1. When I first saw the pic of the jigsaw I thought Pandora had done it. That would have been bad enough, but fancy doing it yourself! 🙄 Less gin on your cornflakes I think! It couldn’t have been as bad as it looked though as you soon got it back together. Just remember to glue the right side if you do it 😊
    The hedgehog is looking good. Shame it proved to be the second oops moment. Good that you managed to find a smaller blank for it.
    What a wet and miserable day it’s been. Pretty much the same here too. Good to get out for lunch. I know you two enjoy your little trips out. You usually manage a good chuckle at something too 😊 Judging by the pic I’ve just seen that was probably the blanket 😄 Very fetching and very you. I’d love to see a pic of Darren’s reaction when he gets home and sees you in it!
    You are jammy when it comes to raffles and things like that. Should have guessed you’d get the 30%. You should definitely do more lottery tickets! Very nice vase, but you’ll need some big flowers for it.
    I used to grow the micro greens ages ago, but stopped doing it for some reason. They are nice though. I quite like the peppery tasting ones. Supposed to be good for you.
    I like the cafe lights too. Not sure I’d turn on all four at once, all that electric 😊
    A couple of days with a bit less exercise is always good. You do plenty at other times to make up for it.
    Well I got this far and I’m still chuckling about the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out to be a pretty good day, despite the mishaps. It was good that the 30% was off everything including sale items. Not sure that actual flowers are a good idea, it doesn’t appear to be glazed inside. But I had thought that it would look good with pampas or dried grasses.
    I think the blanket will be lovely when it gets really chilly.
    Looking forward to the micro greens.

    ReplyDelete