Saturday 26 June 2021

Garden photos

I had a bad night and felt tired and pretty unmotivated today. I went to the shop and then wrote a card and walked round to a friends to put it through her door. I did a couple of crossword puzzles and then decided to have my dinner at lunch time for a change. I took a walk round the garden and took photos as I didn’t think I would be taking many other pictures today. So quite a few, the garden has really begun to look established now.










I went round to see Sal and Carol at the hairdressers this afternoon as I won’t be seeing them at the boot sale tomorrow. I gave them a pet cushion for Millie and she wouldn’t sit on it to start with. But today, after she had sat on my lap for a while she went to it. She is such a cute dog!


After the link up with the family I went out into the garden for a bit. I tidied up the bed with the rhubarb in and then started doing the first turn over dig of the area that Darren and Tina had cleared for me a while ago. I had a break sat on the garden swing and was joined by both cats, one each side! Better that way as I didn’t want them fighting on top of me!


I turned the area they had cleared and got to the bit they didn’t clear which was very full of root. May try to finish it off tomorrow.
When I had packed the tools away I got a cushion and my book and went out onto the swing for a bit.
A bit of gardening has helped lift my mood a bit, just relaxing now and trying not to doze off in the chair!




















2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you’ve still managed a few thing even without motivation. When I’m motivated I still struggle to do as many things as you do! Glad you didn’t go too mad in the garden today. The bit you’ve done looks good, and unless it throws it down with rain I bet the other bit will be done tomorrow. At least you got out for a visit, so that broke thing up a bit. That is a very cute dog….awwwww.
    The garden is looking terrific. You’ve done a great job on getting it to look so good, and hopefully you’re proud of your endeavours out there. I just wish you could get to the stage where you spend more time sitting and enjoying it rather than working on it! But if it’s helped lift your mood then that’s a good thing. I know how certain things are getting you down lately. Finger crossed things might look up a bit in the not too distant future.
    Your T-shirt is back to front. In fact the pic is back to front as the greenhouse is on the wrong side! Spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is spooky, must be because it is a selfie!
    I am proud of the garden and enjoy sitting and looking at but the trouble is I can always see things that need doing!
    Millie is very cute and well behaved too.

    ReplyDelete