Saturday 19 June 2021

Bird food galore!

It has been a fairly quiet sort of day. I went for the lunch shopping early as usual, then didn’t get n with anything else as the grocery delivery was due between ten and eleven. The poor delivery man got delayed trying to find a caravan on one of the sites so didn’t arrive until 11.15. Meanwhile Tina had seen an advert for some jigsaws and arranged to go and collect them at a village called Beeford a few miles away. I went along for the ride and it was quite a ride as we had near misses with a couple of lunatic drivers! So now I have six 500 piece jigsaws to do and a couple of 1000 piece puzzles.
By then it was lunchtime and we watched a bit of the tennis.
Tina went out and I did a little bit of clearing in the front garden then came in for a bit and had the link up call with the family. When Darren got home from work we had a cuppa and then I went out into the greenhouse to decant some of the bird food. This picture doesn't cover all the variety of goodies, I also have suet nuggets, suet logs and blocks!
After that I sat on the garden swing for a bit and had Blue for company for a change.
I was pleased it was too wet for the grass to be cut today as the clover on the lawn was alive with bees, tried to take some pics with the phone,


After tea I went round to the church to hel Tina set up for tomorrow and now I may start a puzzle and listen to an audio book.










2 comments:

  1. A quiet day does you good every now and then. Trouble is I’ve had way too many quiet days just recently!
    I think the shopping delivery drivers do very well. They do manage to stay on time usually so I don’t mind forgiving them every now and then. To be honest I can’t remember the last time one came late..
    Oh my that is a lot of jigsaw puzzles. Should keep you occupied for quite some time. Assuming you get time in your busy schedule to do a bit of jigsawing.
    Wow, that’s a lot of animal food! Is that a month’s worth? I would hope it was three months, but I know it’s not going to be. I hope the squirrels never get into the greenhouse as they would soon gnaw through those containers. You’d find a very happy, and bloated squirrel laying on the floor in the morning!
    I like to see clover and buttercups growing on a lawn, even dandelions looks nice, but I know you have to chop them down unless you want foot high grass. The bees certainly look happy that they’re there.
    Have fun puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably about a months worth of food, I have hundreds of hungry feathered friends!
    I like the 500 piece puzzles, they are a more manageable size.
    There were big bees and little ones, it was lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete