Wednesday 9 June 2021

Bit of sewing practice

I was up early and out for a bit of a walk by six thirty. It was already hot enough to just wear a tee shirt so knew it would be a scorcher today. I went briefly to look at the sea but didn’t walk along the front
I walked to the start of the Trans Pennine Way, I think these properties have a lovely position.
I didn’t walk a long way along the path, just to the turn off towards the town.
I have passed this chair before and thought it strange, but maybe it is at the back of a shop so good for a quick ciggy break!
When I walked by here yesterday the hammer drilling was going on and incredibly loud!
I went to the shop to get something for lunch and then I wrote a couple of letters. Sadly had to have a rest between letters and they weren’t overly long, the dead hands are a pain, literally!
After lunchI spent the best part of the afternoon doing some free motion machining but with not plan to follow, just making it up as I went along. Getting used to the machine now and pleased with the results.
After dinner, when it was cooler, I went out to replant the tubs in the front garden. This one survived.
The other four were like this!
We got a lot of plants yesterday so I cleared the dead plants, added more compost and got ready to start refreshing them.
Done now and we’ll watered!
They should soon fill out and be more like the one that has survived. Some of our poppies are opening now.
It was really too hot to do much in the garden today, and a lot of the garden gets very little shade.
Nothing productive planned for this evening.





















1 comment:

  1. A pretty good day as I did the better piece on the machine and quite enjoyed it. Had one or two hiccups but that is the way you learn!
    Will have to water the tubs regularly like I do the bonsai trees. They are in constant sunshine pretty much all of the day and it get hot at the front of the house.
    I am trying to make more regular walks, but I have tried lots of things in the past so we will have to see if the novelty or inclination wears off!

    ReplyDelete