Tuesday 6 April 2021

Tartan Day

When I went out to feed the birds early the bird baths were frozen over again, but a bit later I decided to go into the front garden today and start working round the paving slabs. Well, decided to lift them so that I could dig underneath. 
I only managed about up half an hour or so as it was bitterly cold, my hands were cold even though I was wearing thick gardening gloves. I removed three of the pavers and removed a lot of roots, but now it is a dug area!
I got the steps and started getting stuff down from the shelves in the top of a couple of cupboards. I had lots of framed collages and have started to dismantle them so that the frames can go to the boot sale. Found this lovely picture of me with my three children, very rare occurrence!
Tina had to take some papers to Skipsea and asked if I wanted to go along for the ride. We called in at Mr Moo’s on the way back and had an ice cream cone. As we were leaving it began to snow!
The wallflower type plant it getting even more colourful, I really love the variety of colours on one stem!


The wind has blown the chairs over in the garden, I stood them up once and they soon went over again. There was a snow flurry but it soon passed again.
The aubretia around the rockery it looking lovely this year,
An obscure word to finish.
Cutpurse (n.): A thief; a pickpocket.













2 comments:

  1. It has been a cold day today. Luckily I’ve not been outside much so it wasn’t too bad for me. You never seem to pick little jobs in that garden, although it is a big garden I suppose. That path looks a mile long in that photo! It’s a major undertaking. Even the bit you’ve done looks like it was hard work, so to get to the far end could take a while. Why don’t you just do knitting? 😊
    I remember taking that picture. That was a few years ago. It is a nice picture of you all.
    Is that snow on Tina’s back? It looks like she’s been rolling about in wood shavings 😊 We’ve not had any snow here today, not that I really want any to be honest.
    The “wallflower” plants really are gorgeous. So many different colours in one plant. I’d fill my garden with those!
    The rockery is coming on well. You’d never guess it used to be steps. It’s getting really well established now. You’ve changed the garden immensely since you’ve been there.
    Think I’ve heard cutpurse before. Probably in a a story in a book I’ve read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sort of a cross between snow and hail on Tina’s back, soon disappeared though. That plant is getting bigger but it can spread as much as it likes!
    Not sure when I will get back to the path, will wait until that cold wind dies down a bit I think.

    ReplyDelete