Monday 26 April 2021

Happy birthday to me!

Three quarters of a century, wow, not feeling that old!
I was up early and went out to post a couple of things for Tina before I fed the birds. Not that busy out there before seven!
The ducks weren’t around when I fed the birds but they did appear a bit later. They were wandering off by the time I grabbed the camera and it was taken through the window.
Jackie came round just after nine for a cuppa in the garden and bought me a card and some coasters. Good to catch up with her. Before I went out a deliver came from Anya and family, a lovely foliage plant called a Peacock plant.
Sarah and David called for me at 10.30am and we had a nice drive to a farm and restaurant where we had lunch. It was a bit chilly sitting outside as the wind had a real bite to it but we had a lovely meal. We called at a garden centre on the way back as David and Sarah wanted to look at garden benches.
Darren and I did the jigsaw puzzle for a while and then we went to meet Tina at Mr Moo’s where we had an ice cream.
Another delivery, this time flowers from Rachel and family.
We went off to the sea front for fish and chips. Very quiet down there as it was pretty cold! We did sit at a bench though and enjoyed them.

Had to cut the cake when we got home!
It is in a container now to stop Blue getting her claws into it!
I have had lots of messages and some visitors and it has been a lovely day, some of my gifts including the adorable, cuddly sea otter!

















2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU 🥳
    You were up early, obviously excited at your three quarters of a century. Does sound a big number when you say it like that. You’re only as old as you feel though, so you’ve got a fair way to go to catch me up!
    You had some really nice pressies. I like the Peacock plant. Lovely leaves.
    Bit of a chilly day for eating out, but hey it’s only your birthday once a year! Beats being at home cooking it yourself. The fish and chips look delicious even though they’re a bit windswept. Even the ice cream looks good, but you look frozen! The cake looks very delicious. Bet that won’t last long.
    All in all a great day. Some nice pressies too. Only another year to wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely day, hearing from folk and generally enjoying the simple things in life.
    Maybe one day I will start acting my age, but I will try hard not to,

    ReplyDelete