Friday 2 April 2021

National DIY Day!

I went shopping pretty early, took the trolley today as there was an offer on at the Coop. We have been having shopping deliveries lately but I split them with the local shop today. I got some washing on and then went into the garden, was going to hoe and weed the large bed in the back again, it is getting full of seedling sycamore trees as a huge tree in the park overhangs the garden! I had asked Darren to help with the large tree stump and he came out so we got that sorted first.


It didn’t take Darren too long, I filled the hole and levelled the area off afterwards. Also took a picture of the log, it was a hefty thing!


I had a lovely surprise today, a box of fabulous goodies instead of chocolate from Anya and family.
May have to sample something this evening!
I spent quite a while in the garden hoeing, weeding and trimming all the edges. Then I got the hand mower out to try and trim near the edges. It was jammed but after some oil it was working, although I suspect it could do with a service!
I was tired and sat for a while this afternoon, Pandora settled on me that that made me have an hour!
An evening sky to finish with for a change.













2 comments:

  1. It makes life so much easier in the garden when you have a man to help. Looks as though he did a grand job of removing the stump. You should set him on in the garden on a regular basis, although I think he might have something to say about that! It looks so much better now with out that poking out, and at least it’s one less thing for you to trip over now. You probably owe him a nice sponge cake now for his help 😊
    That’s a nice box of goodies from Anya. Should keep you going for a few evenings at least. And as you say should be better for you than loads of chocolate.
    Hopefully if you give the mower a few more oilings and a bit of use it may soon be back to 100% condition.
    I can’t say I’m surprised you were tired, not exactly a totally relaxing day for you. Good job Pandora has your well-being at heart by making you stay in the chair.
    The final picture is an absolute cracker. I know I’ve seen so many silhouettes of that church and trees but that one just looks brilliant. Definitely one to print without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ended up being a reasonably busy day, some maintenance work in the garden now, which is good, yes, really is great to have the stump removed. One of those jobs that isn’t a bother to anybody else but will be really helpful to me.
      That last photo did turn out just right, get those occasionally.

      Delete