Sunday 25 April 2021

Red Hat Society Day

I should read the calendar in advance, could have worn my red hat today!
This morning we set off for the boot sale, the car park was already pretty full by 8am. A great number of sellers, the field was full. I didn’t buy anything cluttery but did get some bargains. I have been thinking about getting a shooting stick for quite a while, but they are quite expensive. Today I found one for seven pound. I also got a small slow cooker for £1, an address book with a pen for 50p, and a bird feeder complete with mealworms for £1.50. So sensible and useful buys.
I used the shooting stick while Darren checked out the last couple of rows. I had a bit of trouble balancing at first but soon got the hang of it. Took a picture when I was sitting.
This afternoon I did a bit to the puzzle and then had an hour in the summer house where I managed to get some wildlife pictures.


The new feeder has already had a visitor.




Line of Duty soon, excitement of the day!

















5 comments:

  1. Some really good bargains today, and all useful stuff and definitely not clutter! The shooting stick looks like a good one, so I think you got a bit of a bargain there. The birds will be happy too, they’ll get even more food now 😊 Well worth it though judging by the nice pics in the garden from today. A really good set of pics but my favourite is the final one, it’s a cracker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was pleased with the buys today, very useful stuff.
      Good to get some reasonable wildlife pics too. I thought that close up of the squirrel was a good catch,

      Delete
    2. I was pleased with the purchases today and all useful.
      Good to get some nice wildlife pics too, I was pleased with the close up of the squirrel.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you thought the first reply hadn’t published 😊

    ReplyDelete