Saturday 23 May 2020

Bit of gardening and little ride out.

This morning, although it was bright and still very windy I decided to get out and do a bit in the back garden. I was going to tackle the fruit bushes bed I started on the other day but first of all thought I should cut back the triffid thistles that have completely smothered the small apple tree.
Took the after photo from a different angle, but you can see the tree now, thankful for some light and the pile of triffid behind it!
I didn’t take a picture before I started on the fruit bush bed, I am trying to convince myself that I have done about half now! It was hard going, deep digging with some very long rooted weeds and brambles.
I sat in the greenhouse having a rest, both cats had been with me in the garden. Pandora was resting just outside the door.
Then she was watching Blue drink from the bird bath and still keeping an eye on her as she came to join me in the greenhouse!
After lunch Tina said she had some cards to drop off and di I fancy a ride out. We went along to Mappleton when she had dropped off her cards, it was very busy up there but I got out of the car long enough to take a couple of pictures. The cliffs have eroded quite a lot more since we were last there.
Tina had heard that Mr Moo’s had reopened for take away cones and drinks so she drove there. It wasn’t too busy and she got us a cone each to eat in the car. The wind was ferocious and getting stronger, there were seeds on a tree in front of the car, maybe cherries. One of them still and one with the leaves horizontal with the wind, which was rocking the car with us both sat in it!


After the link up with the American branch of the family and before I got dinner I had a little play with the hair chalks which arrived today!
Twenty four colours, they are going to be fun!
Will finish tonight with a picture taken by Anya on her evening walk in Peterborough.
























2 comments:

  1. Blimey that thistle is enormous. You could do with a chainsaw! Shame you can’t eat them, well maybe you can. They’d keep you in greens for a week!
    Looks like you did a fair chunk of the bed to me. I’d have given up after the thistle.
    The cats don’t like to stray too far away from you, specially Pandora.
    Glad you got out for a little ride. Just a few minutes somewhere different every now and then makes a big difference, and it makes for more photo opportunities. I think the stop off at Mr Moo’s sounded the best bit to me 😊
    It’s a while since I’ve seen you with any form of colour in your hair. It still suits you. The chalks are a great way to do it. A differ combination of colours every day....and I’m sure you will 😊
    Nice pic of Anyas. Crepuscular Rays or God Rays as they’re also known. It took me years to remember what they were called. They do look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ended up being quite a nice day, I think the wind is due to drop a bit tomorrow so maybe I will get a bit more done to that bed. The base of that large rat thistle was about three inches in diameter!
    The cats are funny, they have the odd spat but quite like being out there when I am.
    Nice little trip out and a very large ice cream cone, can’t be bad!
    Then hair colour to play with, I wonder if my pillow will be stained in the morning?

    ReplyDelete