Tuesday 15 March 2016

Yesterday evening I attached the binding on the quilt and hand sewed it in place. I love the materials and I managed to quilt it down as a web, not that you can really make that out. This is the front.
Folded the corner over so that you can see the lovely material on the backing.
I made the sandwiches for the lunch meeting and then walked into town. I wanted to see if I could buy a new pair of trousers to wear when Darren and I go to the auction. I tried a couple of pairs on in Debenhams but they were no good, did buy a pair in Yours that would need shortening. Called in and saw Sandy at the studio then made my way home but did go and look at the south bay as it was very misty today.
The castle is shrouded. Took another shot of the bay with this lovely flower display in the foreground.
After the studio I walked up to the cliff top of the north bay and took the castle cliff from the other side.
My knee has been a bit troublesome so watched a Taggart this afternoon and shortened the trousers while sitting with my feet up. I has stayed damp and misty here all day.
After the dvd had finished I wondered what I had done with my phone. I thought I had put it in my pocket this morning but it wasn't there or anywhere else I could think of. I noticed the phone flashing with a message and it was a friend telling me my phone was in Debenhams! It had obviously fallen out of my pocket when I was trying trousers on! Luckily Darren ran me into town so I could collect it, I walked back home afterwards. Need to sort a bag out for out trip tomorrow, otherwise a lazy evening ahead!

2 comments:

  1. It really is a lovely quilt. You should be really proud of that one. Can't see the actual web shaped sewing, but I'll have a good look next time I'm there.
    Like the misty moisty pictured, very atmospheric. Been pretty much the same here today.
    Fancy losing your phone! A sure sign of increasing senility, and I know all about that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colouring of the quilting is subtle, I matched it with the green edging. Dull today, hopefully it will be a bit better for our travels tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete